ArcelorMittal Mines and Infrastructure Canada wishes to engage in meaningful and constructive dialogue with the public. Our social media accounts are meant to be a convenient place for people to learn more about our activities and our involvement in the community.
Comments are welcome so long as they are expressed in a respectful manner. We reserve the right to delete comments and ban users who do not abide by the following rules:
- Posting overt or covert advertisements, including comments promoting products, services or any other social platform (Facebook page or group, Twitter account, LinkedIn group, etc.) is prohibited. Any such advertisements and comments will be removed.
- Intellectual property protected material (texts, photos, videos, etc.) cannot be posted.
- Messages containing confidential information—e.g., someone’s personal information—are prohibited and will be systematically deleted.
- External links to inappropriate web content are not allowed and will be removed, as will off-topic and repeated posts.
- Any offensive, defamatory, hateful, threatening, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, derogatory, vulgar or abusive comments, including false or unsubstantiated allegations, personal attacks, harassment and pornographic material, that are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedomsor not in keeping with Facebook’s rules are strictly prohibited and will be deleted.
- Facebook community members must use their real names when posting content. Comments posted under a pseudonym may be removed.
Responses to comments
- Our team monitors this page Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Unfortunately, there are too many comments for us to respond to each one.
- To communicate with us more directly, you can use our private messaging system or one of the links on our website in the “Contact us” section.
- Messages written in phonetic mode or SMS language that are difficult to understand may be deleted. As a rule, only messages written in French or English are permitted on this page.
Complaints and reporting
- Should any visitor notice a comment that is not in accordance with this policy, they can report it by sending us a message or a screenshot via private messaging.
We look forward to hearing from you!